Congratulations to all recent medical school graduates and new residents! Now that you have an MD behind your name, you get to ditch the short student coat and finally put on a sleek long(er) coat like the ones you see other MDs wear around the hospital.
You probably know to choose a lab coat that is high quality and made in a style that fits you well. It may seem superficial and frivolous, but it actually isn’t: sometimes perception is reality and the reality is that patients perceive doctors in white coats to be more competent than their peers without.
But how many lab coats should you have as a new doctor?
The answer to this question really depends on your access to a washing machine. Just for the sake of hygiene and sanitation, you’ll want to wash your lab coat after each wear. So if you are able to do laundry every day, you might be able to get by with one lab coat – but if you’re washing it every day there is a greater likelihood that the coat will start to experience some wear and tear pretty quick.
We recommend having at least 3-5 lab coats for this exact reason. That way if your favorite coat gets ripped or stained, or if you don’t have time to wash them after every shift, you still have a nice professional lab coat to get you through your next shift. Optimally a practicing doctor should have five lab coats, one for every day of the week, though as you continue your medical career you might find that your white coat wardrobe grows along with you!
Student lab coat
What is the best student lab coat on the market ? Of course it depends on individual criteria, but we asked 100 students to fill out a survey and the results were not that surprising. One of the most requested feature in lab coat was functionality, big pockets that could accommodate an iPad or a similar tablet. Another one was value. It’s not a secret that most student’s aren’t rich and can’t afford to throw away money on cheap lab coats that only last a couple of month and cost a fortune to keep clean. That’s why we went out and searched for the most student friendly lab coat company and found Medelita. Their lab coats aren’t the cheapest but are easy to take care of, thanks to special fabric protector that repels all orgranic fluids including blood and coffee, it’s also stain resistant and even allow to remove pen ink stains with help of Amodex stain remover. The fabric doesn’t wrinkle and will save you time on ironing. Medelita student lab coats are also on sale right now with $25 dollars off the regular price. Click here to buy men’s lab coat or here: to buy women’s student coat.
Review of Medelita Student Coats:
- “I wear my labcoat everyday at the office so it is nice to have such a high quality one that gives me a professional and stylish appearance for my patients. The staff was very courteous and helpful during the ordering process and I have every intention of using them again. This is the only labcoat I will ever have – I will never go back to the cheap, thin cotton ones again. Definitely worth the money.” – Linda, PA.
- “I absolutely love my new Estie ipad lab coat. Well made, great fit, and looks professional. I did have to return the size 4 because it was too big for me (Bust 36C, Hip 36.5″, 130lbs, 5’6″). I exchanged for a size 2 and now it fits perfectly. Medelita made the exchange so easy. Also, the ipad can definitely fit inside each of the two front pockets but it does change the way the jacket fits. So happy with this purchase! ” – Michelle, Nurse
Men’s Lab Coats
Hand sewn, designer men’s lab coats that fit like a blazer with sizes 32-52, made out of comfortable, soft, breathable, pre-shrunk 100% cotton fabric. The fabric is both wrinkle resistant and fluid resistant – which means it repels all organic fluids including blood without leaving any stains. Medelita lab coats for men are the most professional, highest quality lab coats on the market with great style and functionality. Featuring iPad compatible pockets on select styles and sizes.
Unsolicited review of Medelita Men’s Lab Coats:
- “This is my second Medelita coat- it is made from a less soft material but appears to be a bit more stain-resistant and less wrinkle-prone. I have received compliments regarding how nice (and expensive)it looks. However, the material in this new coat is also much less breathable, and during this hot summer, the coat has been sometimes too hot to wear inside except in the coolest areas of the hospital. I do feel that the construction is excellent, with no loose strings or uneven seams, and having nice, big pockets means that I can carry everything I need around with me. I feel like this coat will last me for a while, as well.” – Ron B. P.A.
- “This coat looked amazing right out of the package. The materials used are of highest quality and it shows well. The length of the coat is perfect, the length of the arms is a bit long but tolerable. The coat is fitted and tailored, thank you very much as i know how hard it is to find a men’s lab coat fit correctly.” -Richard C. M.D
Women’s Lab Coats
If you are looking for the best lab coat on the market, compare Medelita lab coats for women with any other product and you won’t find anything close to the quality, style, fit, sizing, design and value that is embedded in the lab coats such as Emma W or Estie.
What makes Medelita lab coats different ?
- fluid repellent.
- anti wrinkle.
- 100% cotton.
- Great design and special features
- quality sewing
- iPad Pockets
- precision sizing 0-16
If you are tired of unisex, bulky, cheap coats, you will be more then satisfied with Medelita women’s lab coats and service. Excellent warranty and free shipping, thousands of happy customers, hundreds of unsolicited 5 star reviews.
Review of Medelita Lab Coats:
“Although I cannot locate the recommendation now, I believe I saw that the Emma jacket was best suited for a C/D bra cup size. Despite that, since it was such a great looking jacket & had some superb reviews, I ordered it anyways. (I am about an A + 1/2, 36″ bust, 31″ waist, 42″ hip, 5’4”). I ordered a size 6. It is indeed a stunningly well made jacket. I was truly surprised. It is a beautiful jacket and easily the most well-made & sophisticated professional jacket I have seen. I will definitely continue to check the medelita website for additional products in the future. The excellent quality and distinctly fashionable designs will be a pleasure to wear when combined with a fabulous fit.” – Leslie A, M.D