On a scale of 1-10 how physically demanding would you say your job is?
Research has shown that for certain specialties, medical professionals spend hours and hours on their feet. Any expert can tell you that it’s good to avoid being sedentary for too long during the workday and that’s true – as long as you have the right shoes that are up to the task of supporting your poor feet all day.
There are shoes that are made specifically for wearers who stand all day during their job. These are shoes with a purpose, shoes that have the right kinds of features that make standing on your feet for hours and hours easy without having the knee and joint pain that you would typically have.
Sanita clogs offer support and help reduce the long term effects of being on your feet all day. They are also designed for you to avoid other common foot issues, like blisters muscle stress, and swelling. They are handmade and the quality can’t be beat.
Having tried on many pairs of shoes in my shopaholic life, I can safely say that Sanita clogs are the go-to choice for clinicians, nurses, or really anyone who is on their feet all day.
Many healthcare practitioners are on their feet for upwards of two to three thousand hours a year – making comfortable, orthopedic footwear absolutely essential to prevent the foot and back pain that inevitably accompanies these physically taxing work days.
Here’s why Sanita clogs create a walking/standing experience that transcends the ranks of ordinary orthopedic shoes:
1. Sanita clogs are all handmade. The Sanita brand found its roots in 1907, when Christian Meldgaard Andersen created the first pair of hand carved wooden clogs. Over 100 years later, every clog Sanita produces is still handcrafted in Europe with the same tradition of craftsmanship and caring that marked the company’s inception.
2. Sanita clogs are anatomically correct and mold to the shape of your step. They allow you to step through your day with ease and supreme comfort thanks to an inclined forefoot section and arch-supporting orthopedic innersole. Adjustable heel cups offer pressure relief and the sturdy design provides ankle stability in a fast-paced, on-your-feet-all-day work environment.
3. Sanita clogs have been awarded the “Seal of Acceptance” by the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) for their supreme quality and comfort. The thick soles shift your weight in a rocking, orthopedic motion to reduce the stress on your feet while interior leather enhances breathability. For medical professionals who stand for long long periods at work, Sanita clogs are the most beneficial for both posture and comfort.
4. Sanita clogs are made with top-quality materials. Both the sole and the upper are formed from real, hand-tooled leather. The outer soles are made with skid-resistant polyurethane to help you maintain your footing in slippery conditions. On the inside, Sanita clogs come with a soft leather sock lining to help wick moisture and prevent foot odor. The high quality of the materials used in production of these shoes ensures that you don’t have to worry about smell, durability, or slippage.
5. Sanita clogs provide a professional, high-end look and come in a variety of styles and leather finishes. Whether you choose a high-sheen patent finish, or the subtle gloss of Cabrio leather these clogs are visually attractive and astoundingly simple to care for – scuffs disappear easily with an soft cloth or oil sponge depending on the material.
The number one manufacturer of Women’s Clogs is Sanita. If you are not familiar with this brand you owe it to yourself to at least give them a try. Sanita women’s clogs are available in so many different styles, designs, colors and prints that it’s hard to find a person who doesn’t like them. With the largest selections of sizes and width variations, you are going to be very comfortable wearing Sanita women’s medical shoes all day long. There’s one other company that we like a lot, it’s called Medelita, an online retailer and manufacturer of designer medical clothing. It turns out they are a huge fans of Sanita clogs as well. We have found a great selection of women’s medical shoes and nursing shoes on their marketplace.
Also check out some of the reviews from Medelita customers:
Sanita Clog, Professional Cabrio – Brown “Extremely comfortable. I originally bought them for work but now I am considering wearing them as an every day shoe. I do wish the would make a crocodile one in Chocolate brown as in addition to the Bordeaux color they off now. But I am absolutely happy with my purchase and will be purchasing the black crocs next.”
Sanita Clog, Professional Dragonfly – Dark Brown “This is a very comfortable and stylish clog. I am an academic and clinical instructor for nurse anesthetists and these clogs are great for standing all day while giving anesthesia or teaching in the classroom. I will definitely buy other clogs from Sanita.”
Men’s clogs, especially black clogs, are an essential addition to a wardrobe of any medical professional. Physicians, Dentists and Nurses alike choose medical clogs over any other shoes for superior all-day comfort, shock absorbent insoles, non-marking, slip-resistant outsoles and best of all, great looks. Men’s clogs can be worn with scrubs or a lab coat, it’s a perfect blend of style and comfort. Medical clogs have been proven to relieve stress associated with extended hours healthcare workers spend on their feet each work day. Nothing compares to quality construction and durability of these shoes.
Our favorite clogs for men are made by Sanita. A danish shoemaker company with long tradition and old-school approach to making best quality men’s shoes. Sanita men’s clogs are still made by hand with high attention to detail and quality standards. Here are some of the best selling men’s clogs according to Medelita (a high end lab coat and scrubs manufacturer from California):
Clogs are the most popular medical footwear, a must have for any doc or nurse. Why ? Clogs are comfortable and look professional. If you spend your entire day on your feet in front of patients or colleagues and not behind the desk, Sanita clogs are your best friends. The best known brands include Sanita, Klogs, Dansko, Born, Mozo Forza, Merrell. Sanita, Klogs and Dansko have the largest share of medical shoes market. Sanita is manufactured in Europe, Dansko is made mostly in China. Both companies make shoes for doctors and nursing shoes with emphasis on shock absorption, improved ankle stability and heel security. Both make medical clogs with ergonomic soles and variety of materials ranging from leather to environmentally friendly vegan materials. Both clogs are durable and made to high quality standards but if you have to pick one brand, we prefer Sanita since they have been manufacturing shoes for over 100 years with very consistent results. If you want to read more about the differences in these companies and products, you can find a good article on Medelita blog.