Many healthcare practitioners are on their feet for upwards of two to three thousand hours a year – making comfortable, orthopedic footwear absolutely essential to prevent the foot and back pain that inevitably accompanies these physically taxing work days.
Here’s why Sanita clogs create a walking/standing experience that transcends the ranks of ordinary orthopedic shoes:
1. Sanita clogs are all handmade. The Sanita brand found its roots in 1907, when Christian Meldgaard Andersen created the first pair of hand carved wooden clogs. Over 100 years later, every clog Sanita produces is still handcrafted in Europe with the same tradition of craftsmanship and caring that marked the company’s inception.
2. Sanita clogs are anatomically correct and mold to the shape of your step. They allow you to step through your day with ease and supreme comfort thanks to an inclined forefoot section and arch-supporting orthopedic innersole. Adjustable heel cups offer pressure relief and the sturdy design provides ankle stability in a fast-paced, on-your-feet-all-day work environment.
3. Sanita clogs have been awarded the “Seal of Acceptance” by the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) for their supreme quality and comfort. The thick soles shift your weight in a rocking, orthopedic motion to reduce the stress on your feet while interior leather enhances breathability. For medical professionals who stand for long long periods at work, Sanita clogs are the most beneficial for both posture and comfort.
4. Sanita clogs are made with top-quality materials. Both the sole and the upper are formed from real, hand-tooled leather. The outer soles are made with skid-resistant polyurethane to help you maintain your footing in slippery conditions. On the inside, Sanita clogs come with a soft leather sock lining to help wick moisture and prevent foot odor. The high quality of the materials used in production of these shoes ensures that you don’t have to worry about smell, durability, or slippage.
5. Sanita clogs provide a professional, high-end look and come in a variety of styles and leather finishes. Whether you choose a high-sheen patent finish, or the subtle gloss of Cabrio leather these clogs are visually attractive and astoundingly simple to care for – scuffs disappear easily with an soft cloth or oil sponge depending on the material.
What are the requirements of the professional clogs? Obviously the appearance is pretty high on the list considering how important it is to project the right image, especially dealing with patients who often find themselves in a stressful environment. Would you be nervous if you saw your doctor in a wrinkled scrubs wearing tennis shoes ? Would you feel more comfortable and relaxed if the doc was wearing nice lab coat and professional clogs ? Ok, let’s get more technical. It’s probably a good idea to choose skid resistant and non-marking sole. Good shock absorbency is a must. There are plenty of professional clogs with ergonomic designs that propel you forward when you walk. A great example is Sanita clogs. Clogs for men. Professional Cabrio Black. (http://www.medelita.com/sanita-medical-clogs-professional-cabrio-black-mens.html)
Here’s a great article that goes into a lot more detail on the subject:
“As we mentioned earlier, there are specific anatomical explanations that explain why a clog is the preferred choice for those who are on their feet the majority of their shift. In contrast to traditional shoes or athletic footwear, in a clog your foot is not constrained, it’s cradled. Sanita clogs, with their unique combination of the Sandflex Sole and just the right amount of support at the heel and padding at the arch, transfers motion from heel to toe with comfort and stability no shoe or competing clog can duplicate. This makes it the preferred choice of healthcare workers worldwide. Sanitas clogs are also sized specifically for men and women, as opposed to the so called “unisex” sizing of some other clog brands that ignore the inherent differences in the shape of the male and female foot.”
Full article link: http://medelita.com/community/medelita/press-releases/clogs/
If you are in the market for professional clogs, choosing the best place to shop requires some research as well. It’s hard to tell what kind of customer service you might experience if there’s a problem with your order or product itself. Price is not always a good indicator. However you can get the best of both worlds if you do a little research. We recommend to take a look at Medelita. It’s a company with a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and best possible service.
For physicians, we recommend medical clogs, Sanita brand in particular for it’s established reputation as a leader in manufacturing highest quality medical shoes for physicians, clinicians, surgeons and doctors in general. Sanita makes physician clogs with footbeds that provide soft cushioning and excellent arch support that’s latex-free, antimicrobial and odor-resistant. Many shoe styles are available in patent leather which makes caring for them a lot easier, especially in the hospital environment. Another advantage of the physician medical shoes made by Sanita is sturdiness allowing them to last for a very long time.
Reviews of the Sanita Physician Clogs:
“I’m on my feet all day lecturing and in lab. These shoes are safe for the lab setting and provide great support for being on my feet all day. They’ve required some breaking in. They’ve been causing some amount of pain at the heel and the top of the foot around the shoe opening. When I first got the shoes, I could barely get through the work day, and my feet were still sore the next day, so I couldn’t wear them 2 days in a row. They are now starting to loosen up, and I am experiencing much less discomfort. I’m confident that they will soon be fully conformed to my feet, and expect to have no discomfort at all. I also expect that the sturdiness of the shoe which led to the need to break them in will also mean they will last a very long time.” – Dr.J, Professor.
The number one manufacturer of Women’s Clogs is Sanita. If you are not familiar with this brand you owe it to yourself to at least give them a try. Sanita women’s clogs are available in so many different styles, designs, colors and prints that it’s hard to find a person who doesn’t like them. With the largest selections of sizes and width variations, you are going to be very comfortable wearing Sanita women’s medical shoes all day long. There’s one other company that we like a lot, it’s called Medelita, an online retailer and manufacturer of designer medical clothing. It turns out they are a huge fans of Sanita clogs as well. We have found a great selection of women’s medical shoes and nursing shoes on their marketplace.
Also check out some of the reviews from Medelita customers:
Sanita Clog, Professional Cabrio – Brown “Extremely comfortable. I originally bought them for work but now I am considering wearing them as an every day shoe. I do wish the would make a crocodile one in Chocolate brown as in addition to the Bordeaux color they off now. But I am absolutely happy with my purchase and will be purchasing the black crocs next.”
Sanita Clog, Professional Dragonfly – Dark Brown “This is a very comfortable and stylish clog. I am an academic and clinical instructor for nurse anesthetists and these clogs are great for standing all day while giving anesthesia or teaching in the classroom. I will definitely buy other clogs from Sanita.”
Men’s clogs, especially black clogs, are an essential addition to a wardrobe of any medical professional. Physicians, Dentists and Nurses alike choose medical clogs over any other shoes for superior all-day comfort, shock absorbent insoles, non-marking, slip-resistant outsoles and best of all, great looks. Men’s clogs can be worn with scrubs or a lab coat, it’s a perfect blend of style and comfort. Medical clogs have been proven to relieve stress associated with extended hours healthcare workers spend on their feet each work day. Nothing compares to quality construction and durability of these shoes.
Our favorite clogs for men are made by Sanita. A danish shoemaker company with long tradition and old-school approach to making best quality men’s shoes. Sanita men’s clogs are still made by hand with high attention to detail and quality standards. Here are some of the best selling men’s clogs according to Medelita (a high end lab coat and scrubs manufacturer from California):
Clogs are the most popular medical footwear, a must have for any doc or nurse. Why ? Clogs are comfortable and look professional. If you spend your entire day on your feet in front of patients or colleagues and not behind the desk, Sanita clogs are your best friends. The best known brands include Sanita, Klogs, Dansko, Born, Mozo Forza, Merrell. Sanita, Klogs and Dansko have the largest share of medical shoes market. Sanita is manufactured in Europe, Dansko is made mostly in China. Both companies make shoes for doctors and nursing shoes with emphasis on shock absorption, improved ankle stability and heel security. Both make medical clogs with ergonomic soles and variety of materials ranging from leather to environmentally friendly vegan materials. Both clogs are durable and made to high quality standards but if you have to pick one brand, we prefer Sanita since they have been manufacturing shoes for over 100 years with very consistent results. If you want to read more about the differences in these companies and products, you can find a good article on Medelita blog.