Athleisure, a trend popular among working professionals, refers to wearing high-quality, fashionable athletic wear outside of the gym. Many of these garments are made with performance fabrics, but if you don’t take care of them properly this fabric can break down over time.
To extend the life of your performance athletic wear, such as the Medelita Core One Tee, you must treat it a little differently than your regular laundry. Make sure to follow the instructions of the specific brand, but here are some general guidelines:
- Pre-treat stains prior to laundering
- Many performance fabrics need to be washed in cold water, but Medelita’s tees are recommended to be washed in warm water.
- Use non-chlorine bleach and do not use any fabric softener! These contain chemicals that can strip your garments’ fabric of their technological features.
- Lay flat to dry, or tumble dry on delicate mode.
- Do not iron. Most athleisure clothes are naturally wrinkle-resistant.